Shipping Corporation of India – SCI Recruitment 2017 | www.shipindia.com | Graduate Marine Engineer | BE/ B.Tech | 40 Vacancies | Across India | August 2017
Company: Shipping Corporation of India – SCI
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise with its headquarters in Mumbai that operates and manages vessels that services both national and international lines.
SCI was also awarded the prestigious “Navratna” status by Indian Government in 2008
Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid / Chemical carriers, LPG / Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels.
Applications are invited from Unmarried Mechanical Engineers for admission to Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course at SCI’s Maritime Training Institute at Powai, Mumbai, commencing from 1st October 2017
Position Available: Graduate Marine Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 40
Experience Required: Freshers
Stipend: Rs.15000 PM
The fees for training are Rs. 4, 50,000 (Rs. Four lakhs fifty Thousand only) for both male and female candidates. Candidate will pay fees to the Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai. Fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part. Consolidated stipend of Rs. 15000/- per month will be paid to candidates for structured shipboard training. No stipend will be paid to candidates during shore based training.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE
Approved Engineering College.
- Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable.
- Final year / semester students who have appeared and expect their results by date 31.08.2017 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be in possession of valid Engineering degree certificate /Provisional degree certificate/Marks Sheet with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview. However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth class
Age Limit: Maximum 28 years as on 1st October 2017 (Date of commencement of training). Candidates belonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.10.1989
Medical Standard: Candidate must be mentally and physically fit and should be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000/MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers.
Test Centre: The on-line examination will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai only.
Application Fees: Rs.1000/- for General (UR) and OBC candidates and Rs.500/- for SC & ST candidates, (Excluding NEFT bank charges).
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online by last date 23rd August 2017. and send the application form with required documents to following postal address latest by 25th August 2017 by 17:00 hrs
Vice President I/C,
Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor.
The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, Shipping House,
245, Madame Cama Road, Nariman point,
Mumbai-400 021, Maharashtra
- Date of commencement of On-line application on website 24th July 2017 from 10:00 hrs.
- Last date of submission of the on-line application by the
candidates 23rd August 2017 up to 17:00 hrs
- Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the application sheet 25th August 2017 up to 17:00hrs
- Date of on-line examination 09th September (Saturday) 2017 11:00 hrs
For More Info & Application Link: Click Here