Power Grid (PGCIL) Recruitment 2017 | www.powergridindia.com | Executive Trainee | 161 Posts | BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc | Last Date: 5th October 2017
Company: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country under Ministry of Power is one amongst the largest Power Transmission utilities in the world. POWERGRID is playing a vital role in the growth of Indian power sector by developing a robust Integrated National Grid and associating in the flagship programme of Govt. of India to provide Power for all.
Innovations in Technical & Managerial fields has resulted in coordinated development of power transmission network and effective operation and management of Regional and National Grid.
A “Navaratna” Central Public Sector Enterprise. Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India.
Position Available: Executive Trainee
Total Vacancies: 161
Experience Required: Freshers
Location: Across India
Salary Package: Rs. 8.6 LPA To 15 LPA
- Full-Time B.E./B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/Institute
- Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *
- Valid Score in the GATE 2018
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2018 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
- Upper Age Limit: 28 years as on 31.12.2017
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2018 Organizing Body.
|Discipline||Eligible Branches||GATE 2018 Paper|
|Electrical||Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/|
Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)
|Electronics||Electronics /Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg||EC|
|Computer Science||Computer Science/Computer Engg./Information Technology||CS|
- The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)/ Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
- Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2018 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE-2018 shall be as decided by GATE-2018 conducting authority.
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2018, in the corresponding paper.
- Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
- Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Weightage of Different Parameters:
- GATE 2018 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper 85%
- Group Discussion 3%
- Personal Interview 12%
How to Apply: All interested and eligible candidates can apply this position in online through GATE 2018 latest by 5th October 2017.
Last Date to Apply at PGCIL: 31st January 2018
Notification Link: Click Here