ISRO Recruitment 2017 | Graduate Apprentice | 153 Posts | BE/ B.Tech – All Streams; BLISc/ Hotel Management | Last date: 25th November 2017
Company: Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is a Research and Development organisation engaged in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self- reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them.
ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian space programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
Position Available: Graduate Apprentice
No of Vacancies: 153 Posts
- Aeronautical/Aerospace Engg – 15 Posts
- Chemical Engg – 8 Posts
- Civil Engg – 10 Posts
- Computer Sci/Engg – 15 Posts
- Electrical Engg – 10 Posts
- Electronics Engg – 38 Posts
- Mechanical Engg – 38 Posts
- Metallurgy – 4 Posts
- Production Engg – 5 Posts
- Library & Information Science – 6 Posts
- Catering Technology/Hotel Management – 4 Posts
Stipend: Rs. 5,000/-
Apprenticeship Duration: 1 year
Engineering: First Class Engg. Degree (Four/Three year duration) granted by an Indian University in the respective field with not less than 65 % marks/6.8 4 CCPA.
Library & Information Science: Bachelors Degree + First Class BLISc with not less than 60% marks.
Catering Technology/Hotel Management: First Class Degree in Catering Technology/Hotel Management with not less than 60% marks
- Candidates who have passed Degree in Engg./Tech./Lib. Sci./Hotel Management after April 2015 are only eligible to apply. Those who passed Degree in 2015 will be eligible for apprenticeship till July 2018 as per the provisions of Apprentices Act and they will not be offered the training position after July 2018, even if they are empanelled/waitlisted.
- Courses recognized by Universities from Southern region (Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Pondicherry) will be given priority since these States/Urs come under Southern Region of BOAT. Candidates from other Universities will be considered only in case there is shortage of candidates in the respective discipline.
- Ex-Apprentices or current Apprentices in any organization/firm are not eligible to apply. Combining of apprenticeship with other institutions is not permitted.
- Those candidates with one year or more job experience in the relevant field either in Govt. /Public/Private sectors are not eligible.
Age limit: 30 years as on 25.11.2017
The consolidated Bio-data/applications will be screened subsequently and selection lists will be prepared based on academic scores at Degree level.
How To Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates may register their names at Board of Apprenticeship Training (Southern Region), Chennai through the website www.sdcentre.org or www.mhrd.nats.gov.in and attend walk-in-interview at the following venue on 18 & 25 November 2017.
Date: 18 November 2017 Time: 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM
For Department: Mechanical, Civil, Metallurgy, Chemical, Aeronautical/ Aerospace and Production Engg.
Date: 25 November 2017 Time: 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM
For Department: Electrical, Electronics, Computer Sci/Engg., Library &Information Science and Catering Technology/Hotel Management
Venue Address: Bishop Jerome Institute & School of Management, Kollam, Kerala.
Required documents: Candidates should attach self-attested true copies of certificate and consolidated mark list of their Degree qualification and proof of date of birth (copy of SSLC/SSC/AISSE/ICSE) while submitting their application at the Centralized Walk-In Interview venue. Copies of experience, if any, copy of caste/community certificate (if belongs to SC/ST), Non-Creamy layer certificate (if belongs to OBC), Disability certificate (if PWD candidate) also to be furnished.
For More details: Click here
Registration Link: Click here