Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2017-18 | www.indiancoastguard.gov.in | Assistant Commandant | 01/2018 Batch | Across India | July 2017
Company: Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 18 August 1978 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India as an independent Armed force of India. It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
Officail Website: www.indiancoastguard.gov.in
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant(Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers) and invites ‘online’ application.
Position Available: Assistant Commandant
Location: Across India
Stipend: Rs 56100/- per month + Various allowances & benefits
Branch, Educational Qualifications & Age Limits:
- General Duty : Only Male
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (ie. 1 st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/ B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable). Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics [Candidates not in possession of Physics & Maths in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) level or equivalent are not eligible for General Duty (GD) & General Duty (Pilot)].
- Age Limit : 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1997 (both dates inclusive).
- General Duty (Pilot) : Only Male
- Educational Qualification same as General Duty
- Age Limit : 01 Jul 1993 to 30 Jun 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Pilots (CPL) : Only Male : Short Service Appointments as Assistant Commandant for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable upto 14 years
- 12th class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current / valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) issued/validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application.
- Age Limit : 01st July 1993 to 30th June 1999 (both dates inclusive).
The Preliminary Selection will be commenced from mid July 2017 at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard:
|(a) Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West),|
Worli Sea Face, PO- Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030
|(b) Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex|
Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road,
Royapuram, Chennai – 600 013
|(c) Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East)|
Synthesis Business Park
6th floor, Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat
Kolkata – 700 157
|(d) Coast Guard Selection Board|
A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies Ltd.
District-Gautam Budha Nagar, Noida, UP – 201 301
Note: The Changes in address of testing centre if any will be promulgated through the Coast Guard Recruitment website.
After successfully shortlisting of applications, candidates have to go into two stages of selection.
Stage – I : Preliminary Selection
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
Stage – II : Final Selection Board
The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website . The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test).
How to Apply: Application will start from 24th June 2017 and ends on 02nd July 2017 till 5 PM.
Application Link: Click Here