GTRE – DRDO Recruitment 2017-2018 | www.drdo.gov.in | Apprenticeship | 150 Vacancies | ITI/ Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech | Across India | 5th September 2017
Company: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
It was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and Production with the Defence Science Organisation. It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Under the provisions of The Apprentices Act, 1961, Director, Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE), Bengaluru invites applications from eligible candidates for Graduate/Diploma/lTI apprenticeship training as per details below :-
Position Available: Graduate/ Technician Apprentices
Training Location: Bangalore
No. of Posts: 150
- Graduate Apprentice Trainees – 90
- Diploma Apprentice Trainees – 30
- ITI Apprentice Trainees – 30
- BE/ B.Tech – Rs 4984/- per month
- Diploma – Rs 3542/- per month
- ITI – 90% of the wages payable per month to the semi-skilled workmen as fixed by latest Karnataka Govt. Gazette Notification
Graduate Apprentice Trainees:
A degree in engineering or technology granted by a statutory University/ by an institution empowered to award such degrees by an Act of Parliament/ Graduate examination of professional bodies recognized by the Central Government as equivalent to a degree/ Sandwich course student who is undergoing training in order that he/she may hold a degree in engineering or technology.
- Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial Production – 35
- Aero/ Aero-Mech – 20
- Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Mechatronics – 15
- Computer Science Engg./ Information Science & Technoloqv – 15
- Metallurgy – 03
- Civil – 02
Diploma Apprentice Trainees:
A diploma in engineering or technology granted by a State Council or Board of Technical Education established by a State Government /by a University/by an Institute recognised by the State Government or Central Government as equivalent to a diploma/ Sandwich course student who is undergoing training in order that he/she may hold a diploma in Engg/ Technology.
- Mechanical/ Production/ Tool & Die design – 15 Posts
- Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation – 10 Posts
- Computer Science/ Engg – 03 Post
- Metallurgy – 02 Post
ITI Apprentice Trainees:
a) A certificate in vocational Course involving two years of study after the completion of the secondary stage of school education recognized by the All India Council for Technical education. b) A Sandwich course student who is undergoing training in order that he may hold a certificate mentioned in a) above
- Machinist – 04 Posts
- Fitter – 04 Posts
- Turner – 04 Posts
- Electrician – 02 Posts
- Welder – 02 Posts
- Sheet Metal Worker – 02 Posts
- Computer Operator & Programming Assistant(COPA) – 08 Posts
- Computer Hardware & Network Maintenance – 02 Posts
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle – 02 Posts
- There would not be any written examination for selection.
- Graduate Apprentice Trainees (B.E/B.Tech Equivalent): Selection of candidate will be carried out by shortlisting of candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and vacancies available in the discipline followed by an interview.
- Diploma Apprentice Trainees | ITI Apprentice Trainees: There would be no interview for Diploma and ITI trades. Candidates would be selected based only on marks obtained in the qualifying exam subject to satisfactory medical fitness.
How To Apply:
Duly filled-in application form along with the required documents should be
submitted either by hand or by post as per General Instructions. Application received
through email will not be accepted.
Duly filled application form along with the documents listed in General
Instructions shall be subm itted either by hand or by post to the address mentioned
below by 5th September 2017.
Gas Turbine Research Establishment,
C V Raman Nagar,
Bengaluru – 560 093.
Important Dates (Probable dates):
- Last date of receipt (by hand or by post) along with the necessary documents 05 Sept 2017
- Date of intimation (bye-mail) of interview date: within 7 days of last date for
(applicable only for BE/BTech or equivalent) receipt of applications
- Probable dates of interviews : 18.09.2017 to 20.09.2017 (only for graduate apprentices)
- Probable date of declaration of finally selected candidates(by e-mail/DRDO Website): 27.09.2017
- Probable date of joining at GTRE : 03.10.2017
Download Application Form and Notification: Click Here